You are currently browsing the monthly archive for April 2014.
Autumn, time for your 18 month checkup!
Things were going great at first. I mean, who doesn’t love a good fish tank in the lobby?
Except that she started to have a mini melt down when her favorite black and white fish kept swimming away and hiding inside the tunnel…
Ok Autumn, the doctor is ready for you!
Poor thing. She’s too smart for her own good. As soon as we walked into the exam room she remembered what happened in there last time (shots!) and she started crying. Needless to say the rest of the appointment didn’t go well.
Here she is with her post-vaccination cookie and a tiny lingering tear
Good job little dragon, you survived!
We had an early Easter celebration in Corvallis last weekend, and once again we were fortunate enough to have some beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies to play in!
Grammie had a full array of carnival games to keep the kids (and adults) entertained
Autumn keeps her duckies close
Luca took charge of the egg decorating station
Autumn opted to get right to it and just eat the eggs rather than decorate them
Guess what – the Easter Bunny stopped by for a visit! We thought Autumn might be afraid of him, but in fact she cried when he left!
Alright, time for the egg hunt!
Two sweet siblings
After falling asleep in the car on the way home, they both powered up for a little more wildness with their Easter balloons before bedtime
For the first time since Luca was born Kitty and I left the kids at home while we went out and partied.
Partied – Chris & Kitty definition –
- Stay in trendy downtown hotel
- Watch new Wes Anderson movie (The Grand Budapest Hotel)
- Go out to dinner – Funny side story. We got to the restraunt and it was totally booked. We walked over to an open area to wait 45 minutes and there was a guy sitting at the table by himself waiting for someone. I was thinking… man it would be nice if he gave up his table. Then he gets up and walks over to us and says, “would you like my table? ….Didn’t you guys go to C.V? Ended up being Luke Orem from highschool and he was super awesome and gave up his table for us on our date night. We chatted with him and his wife and thanked them again as we left
- Night walk through Portland Park blocks
- Watch last episodes of Season 3 Game of Thrones in preparation for tonights Season 4 premier
- Sleep in late
- Take morning nap *Kitty’s favorite part
- Brunch at Vitaly Paley’s new brunch place, Imperial
Libby stayed at our place and watched the kids. They partied as well.
Partied – Luca definition –
- Wear pajamas or undies
- Cuddle with sister on couch
- Eat special pasta dinner with broccoli and cheese lake
- Eat popcorn
- Watch Robin Hood cartoon
- Have bagels with cream cheese and fruit salad for breakfast
Note: These were Luca’s very specific requests
After we got home Kitty, Luca, Autumn and I planted some flowers and Luca and I started setting up our garden. Luca was very happy to have free reign of the power tools.